Author Topic: Getting derailed  (Read 6546 times)

Offline dakazman

Re: Getting derailed
« Reply #30 on: Thursday,June 27, 2024, 03:01:21 PM »
  What a day.😔
   Started by bleeding brakes on the Vespa and then going for a ride. I even coached the wife I don’t need to start it, just sit on it and turn the throttle. She did great.
 Then I tried to start my El Camino, no dice . So I went around to find I’ve been using 2028/19 /20 and the newest in my vette 2022 . I went to autozone and purchased another battery thinking I’ll buy 2 … well at $260 a piece I elected one.
  So the elky is up and running …yes and no I broke the driver’s side window alignment pin . I did manage to drive around block and enjoy the ac.
 Then I tried to start the vette. No joy, so charger came out and I had a nice bone ac ride around the block. Pulled in the garage and tried to place the driver’s window up … no way
  Can it get any worse, I stumbled through the rest of the day without breaking anything and have a shopping list for tomorrow
Dakazman

Offline BDA

« Reply #31 on: Thursday,June 27, 2024, 03:57:17 PM »
Ummm… D’man, you’re supposed to be driving the Europa not the El Camino or the ‘vette! Focus!  :)

Offline dakazman

« Reply #32 on: Friday,June 28, 2024, 02:44:59 PM »
  BDA,
     Now I'm at 66 2/3 with these three.
        No Antique left behind.
  Vette window fixed but I wasted alot of time at the gas station after filling up.  The vette doesn't like to start with shitty gas. I filled her up with 93 octane but what was in there was Ethanol free, with no additives. so after a 10 minite cool down it started right up. I forgot about this little quirk its been doing lately, hopefully running these daily will help.

Elky ran around the block perfectly, so another 10 min loss . I found the cause of its window failure, so Ill be  researching it. I just bought it 4 years ago when I installed new glass in the new doors.

Europa, DEAD BATTERY  I pulled the fuse for the white , Run ,circuit, since it didn't go dead before I added its fuse. Hopefully I'll find out tomorrow. I'm still sorting out what to call the linkage pieces from the manual to write about.
It goes in gear not running. Going back 35 years ago the PO mentioned he couldnt get 1st gear. so more on that later, but I do have another gearbox if needed.
Dakazman

Offline Kendo

« Reply #33 on: Friday,June 28, 2024, 03:45:59 PM »
I found Paul Ireland’s “Classic Engines, Modern Fuel” an interesting read about this problem. He spends a bit of time working out how to keep the carbs and fuel from getting overheated

Offline dakazman

« Reply #34 on: Monday,July 01, 2024, 06:56:51 PM »
  Kendo,
    Thanks , I am shopping for the book, preferably a paperback version and not an e book.
  Today, I ran the car for awhile waiting for the water pump to cycle while idling. Then I shut it off as I did when getting gas and it started immediately. I think it was just the ethanol free gas I bought a year ago that was in the tank. I filled the tank with hi test 93 octane. I also noticed less misfires when idling.
  I’ve been really bad with running all my cars lately. That’s going to change!
 Thanks again,
Dakazman

Offline dakazman

« Reply #35 on: Friday,July 05, 2024, 06:57:01 AM »
  So with a new battery and plates on my cars it is time for some road time.

Wife wanted to drive the El Camino 😁
All went well but,..  now I have a list of,” to- do’s “ on it .  She’ll have to get out her sewing machine again though.😂.  The crushed velvet blue clashes with the black interior and the emerald green exterior. So the covers came off. 😡
   She loves the ride!
Dakazman

Offline BDA

« Reply #36 on: Friday,July 05, 2024, 08:15:07 AM »
Kinda looks like a BIG Europa!  :FUNNY:

Offline dakazman

« Reply #37 on: Friday,July 05, 2024, 10:58:13 AM »
  I’ve noticed that. 😂
   At least I’m spreading out the love… the love of driving!
Dakazman

Offline Kendo

« Reply #38 on: Friday,July 05, 2024, 01:17:46 PM »
Kinda looks like a BIG Europa!  :FUNNY:

Rats. I was going to use that line :)