Author Topic: Ongoing Restorations  (Read 684 times)

Offline BDA

Re: Ongoing Restorations
« Reply #30 on: Saturday,June 22, 2024, 07:07:37 PM »
No problem, kram.

Any pictures of your beast? I’m sure we’d all like to see some!

Offline Dilkris

« Reply #31 on: Thursday,June 27, 2024, 02:50:40 AM »
I was interested in the original post made by BDA on this subject and personally thought it worth pursuing and maybe expanding upon. So - I put together the attached.
The information I collected is from the comments within the thread plus looking up members details to establish where you actually are in the world.
Subject to approval, (and support), I am happy to continue to update this/along with making any corrections as and when.
Note: The data is just a list to show who is actually rebuilding/restoring a Europa, which model, where you are located and your age; it does not include cars already on the road that are being improved/repaired, or indeed to record progress, (the Forum already well caters for this).
So - if you feel it has value, please help me update it - just drop me a PM maybe (so as not to fill up this thread) and I will update it accordingly on say a weekly basis. Obviously if you think there should be extra data (ie: date of rebuild start, date of forecast completion, etc) let me know.
If of course, you believe there is a problem with this idea that I have not seen - just let me know. 

Offline Elanman39

« Reply #32 on: Thursday,June 27, 2024, 06:38:08 AM »
Great idea and no problem with me being included in the list.  I have posted this here rather than pm'd you as I think you might want to add some other information and others may wish to be involved in that discussion.  Personally I don't see much point in the date of birth of the restorer being included, but I think a more useful column would be some indication of whether the restorer is happy to be contacted by pm (or other means?) for specific queries. Similarly you could usefully split the list into completed restorations and ones currently in progress.  Another column might indicate the nature of the restoration - concours, modified for practical everyday use, improved performance or whatever.  A link to any restoration thread relating to that restoration would be handy as well.  There must be other stuff as well but I can't think of it right now!
Best,  Nick

Offline Dilkris

« Reply #33 on: Thursday,June 27, 2024, 07:38:48 AM »
All points noted Elanman39 - interestingly I personally thought the date of birth to be of some significance - data we have at the moment from just 9 members shows our youngest member actively restoring to be 60 and our eldest 75 - personally it worries me that there is no "young blood" coming up behind us so to speak and if this be the case, is this going to have a negative impact on the long term future of Europa's  :confused:
We could add a variety of extra data, depending on the consensus of opinion I guess - "over complicated" however may kill it. :(
Let's see if it gets off the ground.     

Offline Richard48Y

« Reply #34 on: Thursday,June 27, 2024, 09:53:58 PM »
 :-X It's political.

Offline Lumbes

« Reply #35 on: Friday,June 28, 2024, 10:18:50 AM »
I bought my TCS 4 years ago when I was 33.  I'm 37 and still own the Europa and at this point always will.  I wouldn't consider myself as a young blood but I am actively restoring my car and figured I should chime in.

Offline dakazman

« Reply #36 on: Friday,June 28, 2024, 02:50:35 PM »
  37 , your a pup. I like your attitude. Never sell. I wish I had kept many cars 67 ,XKE 4.2 , 58 MGA coupe. Many Trans ams Indy, Chevelle SS 396.  Keep it, you'll miss it when its gone.
Dakazman

Offline Lou Drozdowski

• Type 74 TCS 3307R
« Reply #37 on: Friday,June 28, 2024, 03:20:46 PM »
  37 , your a pup. I like your attitude. Never sell. I wish I had kept many cars 67 ,XKE 4.2 , 58 MGA coupe. Many Trans ams Indy, Chevelle SS 396.  Keep it, you'll miss it when its gone.
Dakazman

Not my first rodeo...2943R in 74...3307R in 2008...

It's never really finished, there's always something to tinker on !