Author Topic: So long, 3826R  (Read 269 times)

Offline FourLoti

So long, 3826R
« on: Friday,June 07, 2024, 08:05:17 PM »
It's late and I'm still trying to adjust after a long day that started at 8:30 AM with a call from a guy who just yesterday wired me payment for my constant garage companion of the past year - my '74 TCS 5-speed. The plan was that he'd call various transport companies and we'd wait the typical week or two for them to bundle enough cars to make a full load from Ohio to Los Angeles. Bizarrely, one of them responded immediately that they had a truck in Chicago with extra space and could I please be ready to have it loaded at 1:30? Which, I was able to do and now it's gone!

This all happened in the past 3 days ago so I'm still sort of spinning about the whole thing. And about the hole in my garage. That said, the money is in the bank and there's a TVR 2500M project waiting to get into the garage/operating room, so I won't have that much time to miss my Europa, maybe....

Don't want to think right now about no longer having a reason to watch and chime in on this forum, but am not going to disappear anytime soon.

Ron
« Last Edit: Sunday,June 09, 2024, 05:18:08 AM by FourLoti »
1974 TVR 2500M
1996 Porsche 993 Carrera Coupe
2005 Mitsubishi Montero Limited
1974 Europa Twin Cam Special 5-Speed (gone)
1987 Esprit Turbo (gone)
1980 Eclat (gone)
1963 Elan S1 (gone)
1970 Europa S2 (gone)

Offline Fotog

• 72 Twin Cam
Re: So long, 3826R. Headed to LA
« Reply #1 on: Friday,June 07, 2024, 08:38:57 PM »
Crikey!  I could never do it.  But apparently it's your thing to turn these things over, so good for you.  Congratulations!

Enjoy your next project.

Offline BDA

« Reply #2 on: Friday,June 07, 2024, 08:49:39 PM »
Sorry to hear of your eventual (sooner rather than later) exit. I think some of us would like some updates on your TVR. Think about it.

Offline Dilkris

« Reply #3 on: Saturday,June 08, 2024, 12:08:38 AM »
There are some very good TVR forums. Enjoy your new  journey. 

Offline FourLoti

Re: So long, 3826R.
« Reply #4 on: Saturday,June 08, 2024, 10:13:53 AM »
Thanks guys!

The speed at which this happened, and the number of coincidences, is very remarkable, I think.

As some of you may have read in various posts, I've been gearing up mentally for this for a month or more, while tidying up the car for "showing."

I the last two weeks, I got serious about going with BAT and spent a ton of time making and uploading videos, plus dozens of photos.

I submitted those last week and was assigned a BAT guide who wanted to connect. So, things were looking good.

THEN, just this past Tuesday, competition popped up - on BAT - in the form of a virtual (though 4 speed) twin, with similar provenance. Note that the first BAT commenter said, in effect, Oh no, not another blue TC auction? So, now, I'm pretty bummed wondering how long it will take before it makes sense to put mine there. Thinking about eBay maybe?

BUT, and I'm not making this up, less than an hour after seeing that other car pop up and while still bummed, I got a text from a guy in CA who saw an ad I placed on Lotus LTD - months ago, (actually forgot about it.)

This was still Tuesday and I sent him all of the stuff I'd assembled for BAT. Also spoke with him and felt it was probably legit. Lots of back and forth, and then on Thursday his wired funds showed up in my bank account.

The rest I explained before, but yesterday, if my Dr. hadn't cancelled a scheduled physical appointment, I would have not had time to react to this "instant" car hauler appearance.

What a week!

And, yes, I'm already finding a lot of help with the TVR forums and FB pages. And I'll need it.

Also, I'll try to put some updates out from time to time on the OT forum here.

So, not an official good bye, which would take a lot more time in order to thank everyone here for all the help and comradery!

Ron

« Last Edit: Sunday,June 09, 2024, 05:17:40 AM by FourLoti »
1974 TVR 2500M
1996 Porsche 993 Carrera Coupe
2005 Mitsubishi Montero Limited
1974 Europa Twin Cam Special 5-Speed (gone)
1987 Esprit Turbo (gone)
1980 Eclat (gone)
1963 Elan S1 (gone)
1970 Europa S2 (gone)

Offline BDA

« Reply #5 on: Saturday,June 08, 2024, 12:29:13 PM »
That's quite a story! You couldn't have planned that if you wanted to! I'm glad it worked out for you!

Glad it's not an official "good bye!" I hope to see some pictures of your TVR around here soon!

Offline Bainford

• Twin Cam 3682R
Re: So long, 3826R
« Reply #6 on: Monday,June 10, 2024, 09:59:13 AM »
Congrats on the transaction, though I appreciate it may not be easy to let the Lotus go. I'm glad it has worked out just the same, as moving a classic onto its new owner is not always a straightforward process, and fraught with pitfalls. The TVR sounds like an excellent diversion. Please do keep us posted. Cheers.
The Twin Cam plays the symphony whilst my right foot conducts the orchestra. At 3800 rpm the Mad Pipe Organ joins in.

Trevor