Author Topic: Sill plates  (Read 264 times)

Offline kram350kram

Sill plates
« on: Thursday,April 14, 2022, 08:02:47 PM »
Thinking off making some stainless steel plates to protect the door sills. Anyone have pictures of what they have purchased or built? Thanks

Offline jbcollier

Re: Sill plates
« Reply #1 on: Thursday,April 14, 2022, 08:29:45 PM »
Good idea.  I just used clear, plastic film like they use on the fronts of cars to protect against rock chips

Offline EuropaTC

• LotusLand
« Reply #2 on: Thursday,April 14, 2022, 10:24:31 PM »
If you're thinking of the door shut section, the bit you sometimes catch when getting in or out, then I've seen aluminium ones in the past.  The trouble is that now I can't remember where !

Over here there's a healthy market for such things in stainless steel, usually etched with the car model/make.  For example;

https://unqshop.com/LOTUS.ESPRIT

The Europa market is probably too small for them to bother making a pattern but it might be worth looking to see if you could get plain ones because they're not that expensive to buy. I doubt I could make a set for significantly less than the dealer above charges.

But I'm like John, I use vinyl on the internal sills. The car originally came with black vinyl there and I've just replaced it as & when needed.

Brian

Offline Lou Drozdowski

• Type 74 TCS 3307R
« Reply #3 on: Friday,April 15, 2022, 10:50:12 AM »
If you are interested in vinyl decals...

https://www.isaydingdong.co.uk/shop/search.php?q=lotus+door+sill&searchbutton=Search

The have them in gold JPS also.